Looking for a warehouse management job? Then let us guide you through some of the requirements for the role and what you can expect as a warehouse manager. If you are organised, experienced in managing a team and can keep to strict deadlines, this may be the right job for you.
As a warehouse manager, your typical responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and logistic companies
- Co-ordinating the distribution and delivery of goods
- Maintaining and tracking stock levels
- Ensuring all stock is stored correctly and safely in co-operation with guidelines
- Managing a large team, create staff rota’s and be able to delegate
A warehouse manager salary usually ranges from £17,000 to £21,000. However, more experienced managers may earn up to £40,000.
Many warehouses are functioning for 24 hours per day, so warehouse managers may be expected to undergo shift work, which may include weekends. The role tends to be office-based, however, some of your time may be spent on the factory floor or in the warehouse.
What you need
To be considered for most Warehouse Manager roles:
- Supervisory experience
- Qualification in logistics or distribution
- Experience in a retail setting is helpful but not essential
- Excellent communication and team management skills
- Be able to create working rotas for a large team
- Be driven and be able to motivate staff
Sounds like the perfect job for you? Well you’re in luck. We have many vacancies on offer from some of the industry’s biggest recruiters, so browse below! If you want to see even more jobs like this and get them straight to your inbox, be sure to sign up for email alerts.