Chartsign is an Electrical technical publications company who are committed to providing a Design Consultancy and Technical Recruitment service to a variety of industries. We look to provide goods and services that are fit for purpose and completely meet our customers’ requirements.
Our client is looking for a candidate with a minimum 5-10 years working in automotive industry at OEM or Tier 1 suppliers. Ideally in LED LIGHTING.
Has broad experience with finished electromechanical assembly product delivery and innovation.
Can show good knowledge of working with multiple component range for plastic injection moulded and electronic components.
Can evidence with clear understanding of Automotive delivery and all industry standards associated to this.
Have success in low to medium volume tooling including emerging technology applications.
Fluent in spoken/written English.
• Report to the Engineering Manager on all aspects of design activities
• Maintain ISO9001 system documentation for design engineering activities.
• Liaison with customers to develop designs in a timely manner.
• Deliver Design solutions to project timing constraints.
• Support Development of engineered solutions to specific market and customer requirements
• Creation and Development of 2D design drawings in-line with ISO-128 and BS-8888 standards
• Develop tooled solutions liaising with suppliers to complete this activity.
• Fixing & location develop for gap & flush control to customer requirements.
• Maturation of assembly parts to known plastic fixing techniques i.e. gluing, welding etc.
• Ability to design for manufacture & assembly.
• Support project engineering in customer & supplier meetings both on and off site.
• Determine materials requirements on a design specific basis.
• Actively engage with suppliers to confirm technology requirements for all design tasks.
• Completion of DFMEA & KDC requirements for design commodities.
• Support the development of PFMEA documentation.
• Problem solving techniques to develop and quantify product design.
• Work to company maturation planning.
• Actively own and progress all design activities to completion.
• Implement & develop creative solutions to engineering problems.
• HND or Degree in an Engineering discipline.
• Catia V5 (Basics & surfacing).
• Competent user of MS office packages.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A passion for technology & product development.
• Innovative, hardworking, and ambitious.
• A thorough attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel across the UK and abroad.
• Experience working closely with internal and external customers.
• Be self-motivated.
• Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
• Full and Clean UK Driving license.
Will consider permanent or contracting candidates.
Please contact Claire should you require further information
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.
To work in design engineering, you will need to earn a foundation degree, an HND, or a bachelor's degree. Graduates of engineering field make up a large portion of the design engineering workforce. Mechanical engineering, civil engineering, and electrical engineering degrees may also help you advance in your job.
Design engineers investigate, create, and test novel vehicle concepts and manufacturing systems. They also make changes to existing items or processes in order to improve efficiency or performance. InAutomotive should be your go-to choice if you are looking for the newly created vacancies in the UK’s automotive industry.
Design engineers use Computer-aided design (CAD) software to develop, test, and improve manufacturing processes and product designs. The design engineers work on different areas of the same project with other engineers. They build new prototypes and designs and perform testing as well to check their effectiveness.
You will typically need 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) and A levels, or equivalent for a degree apprenticeship. A degree in engineering can help your prospects of landing a job in the field. You also need to be fully aware of the design processes and mechanisms.
Yes, to put it succinctly. Most engineering fields, on the other hand, can work from home at least part-time. The engineering sector you chose, as well as your remote working abilities, will determine how successful you are as a work-from-home engineer. In addition, many employers offer the option to work from home.
Design engineers in the automotive industry create and test new vehicle designs keeping in view the element of safety. They also make changes to existing items or processes in order to improve efficiency or performance. They work practically on the automobile engines, structural framework and the overall design. According to the design engineer job description, these engineers are concerned with creating the automobiles that look beautiful and are simple and safe to use and ensuring that the they are manufactured cost-effectively and efficiently. The design engineers work in close collaboration with the automobile engineers.
Typical responsibilities of the design engineer include looking over a design brief of the vehicles. They are also responsible for imagining different design options and determining whether the design is feasible and cost-effective. Evaluating a design's usability, environmental impact, and safety is also a core part of their job. Creating prototypes with computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software also come under their job responsibilities. These engineers are also responsible for gathering and analysing data from prototype tests, re-testing and altering designs, preparing and presenting frequent status reports to project management and clients. Design engineers can also advance to positions in management, such as project management and new business development.
You will require various skills as a design engineer, subject-specific technical expertise and knowledge to work successfully as a design engineer. You need commercial awareness of your engineering speciality. Many employers also require meticulous attention to detail and a well-organized work procedure. Other than these, the candidates are also expected to have computer and CAD skills along with analytic and numeracy abilities to come up with the best designs. The candidates are also likely to have problem-solving talent that is innovative. The skill to work as part of a group as well as individually is also required. The candidates must be able to focus for long hours to come up with the best and flawless designs. If you want to find more details regarding design engineer jobs, visit the relevant job search site InAutomotive.
Do you wish to replace the existing data in your profile with data from your new CV upload?