HGV Technician - Wigan
Salary: Competitive (based on licence and experience)
Our client is part of group of companies operating from three locations in the Northwest, Wigan, Northwich and Liverpool. Our client is a leading agent specialising in comprehensive and personal service to vehicle operators throughout the Northwest of England. The team is fully committed to look after the customers and offer unrivalled expertise in trucks and support service for all makes of vehicles.
The Role of HGV Technician is to carry out all aspects of vehicle maintenance. That includes servicing, inspections, repairs, MOT preparation, fault diagnosis and other work shop related tasks that could be reasonably expected.
* Servicing and repair of vehicle to MOT standard
* A high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of roadworthiness.
* Ensure workshop tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner to the required standard.
* Experience of electronic diagnostic tools preferred
* Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self - motivation
* To carry out any other duties as requested by the Site Manager
* The ability to complete inspection and service documents, job sheets, timesheets to the highest standard both manually and electronically
* Strong commitment to and understanding of workplace health and safety.
* Good communication ability to communicate with the shift team leader, customers, and employees of all levels
* A ‘Can do attitude’ and problem-solving skills.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
* Commercial vehicle Technician experience
* Level 3 qualified or equivalent certification / experience
* Previous main dealer experience and an HGV licence would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Do you wish to replace the existing data in your profile with data from your new CV upload?