Main Purpose of the Job:
To ensure workshop staff efficiency and productivity is kept at target level.
To ensure the workshop order of work is carried out in the correct priority and maintain workshop loading as required ensuring scheduled work completion.
To ensure job cards are completed accurately.
To assist parts advisor when ordering parts using workshop control diary to ensure correct parts are ordered.
Keep workshop equipment and tools serviceable and calibration up to date.
To quality check and carry out quality analysis on all technicians.
Maintain IT systems when required.
* To control and ensure non-productive time and overtime is carried out only when authorised.
* Ensure technicians only carry out warranty work when authorised by franchise agreed personnel (foreman, workshop control or After Sales Manager).
* Initiate action and solutions to prevent poor quality of service reaching customers.
* To provide pre-diagnosis and consultation for customers.
* Ensure with assistance from the warranty administrator that campaign recalls are completed within franchise standards.
* Ensure Sublet work is completed by agreed suppliers providing orders to ensure quality and financial control is maintained.
* Ensure technical information provided by the franchise is made available to all staff to franchise standards.
* Provide workshop technical assistance.
* Agree on all customer’s needs and requirements including:
To ensure that Clean Service Kits and vehicle protection aids are used at all times.
To instruct Technicians concerning repair procedures and contact BMW Technical Department if necessary.
To be responsible for Technician apprentice training and supervision.
To ensure that Technicians are conversant with Service and Workshop bulletins, rules and safety matters and maintain discipline.
To inform Service Adviser of additional work required and instruct Technicians as necessary.
To approve work order and ensure times allotted are not exceeded and that additional work is recorded accurately.
To ensure test drives are carried out on vehicles after completion of work, to monitor quality control.
To ensure that time control operates as prescribed by management.
To be responsible for general order in the Workshop and ensure that tools, special tools, equipment and Workshop literature are complete and up to date.
To be responsible for accurate Warranty work and to ensure that parts exchanged are returned for claim.
Advise Service Adviser and Technicians whether work is retail/warranty/internal/sales and ensure Technicians retain Parts when required.
To arrange Emergency Service coverage as specified by Service Manager.
* Maintain and improve personal product and technical knowledge through information bulletins, magazines etc. and attending training courses as agreed with After Sales Manager.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of warranty and goodwill procedures of franchise and dealership to ensure claims are processed fairly and as quickly as possible.
* Follow all relevant Company procedures where applicable.
* Other duties at the request of Barretts management.
* To ensure in house technical training is maintained and logged to franchise standards.
* Inform service advisors of additional work, including costs, as and when required.
* To further and promote, good and harmonious relationships with workshop and reception staff.
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.
Do you wish to replace the existing data in your profile with data from your new CV upload?