Workshop Foreman - Haydock, Merseyside
Salary: Hourly rate dependent upon experience (£14-£16)
This company is largest independent commercial vehicle maintenance provider in the North West for all makes and types of commercial vehicles and LCVs. It is dedicated to providing its wide ranging customer base with a one stop solution for all their transport & fleet requirements.
* To assist Depot / Service Manager to manage and develop the Service Department, provide technical support to staff and customers
* To ensure that maximum utilisation and quality is achieved from the workshop and customer satisfaction is achieved.
* To ensure that repairs and services to vehicles are carried out efficiently and to the highest possible standards
•To correctly interpret instructions from the job card/repair orders, to follow all documented quality procedures and to ensure that Service Technicians comply with repair instructions and stipulated settings and tolerances from manufacturer manuals bulletins check sheets etc.
•To obtain and record any necessary technical information by following documented procedures.
•To analyse and report the training needs of allocated staff.
•To allocate, and supervise all work done to ensure the highest possible standard of workmanship and efficiency as per industry guidelines, in order to ensure the maximum utilisation of time available.
•To check and test vehicles and work, as required by documented procedures.
•To ensure that all displaced parts are immediately clearly identified and / or placed in quarantine areas, as required by documented procedures.
•To accurately report and record work done and tests carried out and to immediately report any further work required or vehicle faults.
•To protect and maintain all tools and equipment by only using them in the prescribed manner and returning them to their place of storage immediately after use. To immediately report any loss, shortage, damage or malfunction of tools and equipment or if any additional tools or equipment are required to complete the repair.
•To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
•To achieve all company & personal KPI’s & maintain focus on all company financial objectives within given responsibilities.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
* HGV Class 1 licence would be of a benefit but is not essential
* •Technical apprenticeship and an in-depth knowledge of the truck industry required
* •1 – 2 years previous people management experience in a similar environment
Hours Mon to Fri 6am to 4pm, alternate Sat 8am to 12pm
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.