Marshall Motor Group have been named as the highest ranking automotive company in the Great Place to Work® for 2019.
We are seeking a Workshop Controller at Marshall Motor Group’s Peugeot dealership in Cambridge. This role will see you lead day to day operations for our busy service operation, supervising and motivating a team of technicians. Reporting to our Service Manager, this role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
What are the key accountabilities?
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of qualified and apprentice technicians
- Allocate work orders to technicians, and manage technician clocking on/off, and rostering
- Ensure workshop operations meet brand standards for quality by conducting regular quality checks on completed works
- Drive service profitability by ensuring maximum time save and upsell
- Manage and update workshop technical solutions including eVHC and service booking database
- Provide outstanding customer service to service customers both face to face and by phone
- Assist and work closely with the Service Advisor team as required
Do I need experience?
To be successful in this role, you will have experience as a Workshop Controller, ideally from a franchised dealership (brand experience flexible). You will also have intermediate IT skills, ideally with experience in administrating eVHC software. In addition to your previous experience, we are seeking individual who display the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- A professional and calm approach with strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to foresee potential barriers
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicle purchases, parts and servicing
- £600 colleague referral bonus
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.