£30,000 - £33,000 OTE £36,000 + Fantastic Benefits
A new role for an award-winning business has arisen for an experienced Accident Repair Centre Workshop Controller required for a leading Crash repair centre in the Warwick area. If you have proven experience as a Workshop controller then we could have the right job opportunity for you.
As a workshop controller you will be required to supervise and control the workflow and production output within the workshop ensuring best in class methodology is adopted and achieved in line with the company ‘one team’ philosophy.
The Job: Workshop Controller
· Liaise with production staff to monitor the number of vehicles coming into the site for repair
· The role is responsible for ensuring all incoming work is planned as well as managing the time and resource.
· Workshop Controllers assign technicians to tasks ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to.
· As a line manager, the role holder is responsible for performance management, coaching and development of the team.
· Optimum utilisation of resources within area of responsibility as set out in targets
· To deliver the customer service standards as outlined by the company procedures and policies
· Awareness of health and safety requirements in the workshop, and responsibility of personal protection equipment worn by the staff in the areas of responsibility
· Responsible for notification of potential health and safety risk to the people who may be directly affected by the risk
· Carry out performance reviews with Technical staff when required
· Ability to monitor and control workshop output and efficiencies
· Verbal explanation of the repair procedure and process to the workshop and customers and variable levels of understanding
· Awareness of workshop equipment capabilities in order to implement the use of such equipment when allocating tasks
· Ability to value a vehicle at a market value in order to determine the repairable economics of a damaged vehicle
Job Experience Required: Workshop Controller
· Technical knowledge, experience of the accident repair and Bodyshop industry.
· Skills in applying and using knowledge in a supervisory position.
· Leadership and coaching attributes.
· Previous supervisory experience
· Relevant and up-to- date knowledge of vehicle design and manufacture, consumer and vehicle legislation, industry and trade practices.
· Knowledge and understanding of the provisions of E.P.A. and H&S. PAS125, Advance, preferred
· Experience in dealing with and resolving Health & Safety issues at site level
Company benefits: Workshop Controller
Based on a 40-hour week - Monday to Friday. Our client offers a fantastic benefits package which includes the below:
· 9% of salary to either take as extra salary or pension or a mix of both
· Monthly bonuses.
· Pension at 9% (or lower if you wish to spread the 9% across other benefits)
· Income protection
· Life assurance
· Private medical cover
· 50% of products
If you would like to be considered for the Workshop controller manager job please call Clear Careers and ask for Rochelle or apply for the job and we will be in touch with you