We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job
As the Inspection Repair Technician, you will contribute to the effective operation of the Association's Motoring Services Business by undertaking inspections. You will be required to undertake vehicle checks and report findings accurately. Some items we find to be faulty, or out of manufacturer limits, we will repair on site.
You will need to have good business acumen to be able to convey our findings in a suitable manner for the customer and be able to undertake these repairs in a safe and effective manner. You will also provide advice and assistance within your own area of competence, ensuring that in other cases where Members require assistance they are directed to the appropriate AA service or department.
You will also contribute to the effective operation and commercial benefit of AA business by providing a vehicle Mechanical Report to AA business customers/organisations when requested to do so.
What will I be doing?
- Undertaking to a high standard an effective and safe inspection of vehicles both private and commercial at the scene of the agreed location.
- Maintaining a high standard of driving, courtesy, and effectiveness in dealing with Members and the general public and uphold the traditions and image of the Association with an appropriate awareness of personal and customer’s safety at all times.
- Keeping abreast of technological and safety developments. This may involve attending manufacturer courses and AA courses some of which could be residential.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of all types of vehicles.
- Be fully conversant with all handheld communication systems used within the AA operations and ensure that all communication is maintained to the standards required by the Association and its customers.
- Maintaining a high standard of serviceability and cleanliness any AA vehicle, tools and equipment issued for individual use, maintaining accurate records of vehicle work carried out in accordance with current procedures and Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintaining accurate records of all paperwork necessary to ensure satisfactory job performance in accordance with current procedures.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Mechanical qualifications at Level 3 City and Guilds or Level 3 NVQ in mechanics or Equivalent
- Able to work outdoors in all weathers
- Driving licence (car) with 6 points or less
- Willingness to progress
- Ability to work independently and as part of an on-site team
- Ability to work with other workers not employed by the AA on the same working site
- Previous car inspection or appraisal work
- Previous MOT experience
- At least 2 years industry experience within last 5 years
What are the benefits of this job?
Your hard work at the AA will definitely not be going un-rewarded. There are hundreds of discounts available from money off trips abroad to cheaper cars.
These can vary from time to time but tend to include exciting things like:
- Free AA breakdown membership as standard, after a years’ service
- Discounted Merlin Annual Passes for the top UK attractions
- Apple repair services
- Money off selected car manufacturers
- Package holidays
- Discounts across hundreds of well-known restaurant