One of the UK's top automotive companies are on the hunt for an experienced Used Car Buyer to remotely manoeuvre across the country, utilising your previous gained buying and selling skills to contribute to increasing profitability for the company as a whole.
It would be beneficial for you to also know that when you are not out on the field, you base of work will be within their Head Office based in North West London.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a high-end, luxury sportscar brands whilst travelling around the country is one not to be missed!
As cliché as it may sound, you should possess the passion for sportscars and thrive to achieve excellent results through the use of your management skills. You should be willing to implement policies and procedures to benefit your team, department but most importantly the company as a whole.
A further insight into the duties entailed within this position…
You will be:
- Accurately valuing vehicles to increase profit for the group after thorough inspection with reference to specific criterion taking into account any necessary repairs or reconditioning necessary
- Purchasing and selling vehicles using your strong negotiation skills
- Disposing of vehicles on behalf of the group as and when required
- Monitoring the demand for vehicles to be able to maintain purchase sock levels within the group
- Reaching out to dealers outside of the group to enhance sales as well as monitoring trade press and other sources of information including personal contacts interested in selling vehicles, in contribution to this
- Regularly visiting auctions, trade premises, private clients of customers and any other location with the view of purchasing vehicles
- Arranging the delivery of purchased and sold vehicles
- Achieving all targets for profit on trade sales whilst ensuring all paperwork and documentation is completed accurately and to all legal standards, for example completion of F & I documents
- Passing all the correct financial documentation to the relevant Accountant so that financial authorisations can be arranged
- Complying with all FCA Regulations and maintain and regulate status in advice of finance and insurance products
- Adhering to all Health and Safety policies and quality standards agreed within dealerships/ group
- Most importantly, ensuring that the laws relating to trading standard and sales of good are not infringed and are being operated to the companies establish standards
- Reporting directly to the Used Car Director
Sound great doesn't it?
In saying that, I'll tell you a little more on what we are looking for in you?
What is this company looking for in a successful candidate?
- Previous experience as a Used Car Buyer with a prestige or luxury brand within the automotive industry
- Strong, consistent main dealer experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remotely, commuting from site to site as and when required
- Capable of building rapport with traders, dealerships and other relevant individuals
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, motivate a team and strive for success
- Passionate about high end, luxury sportscars
- A Full UK Driving Licence
- You be required to work - Monday to Friday - 9am to 6pm
What will you be rewarded with?
An outstanding earning potential of £35,000 basic with an OTE of £70,000
A considerate Car Allowance as well as an opportunity to join the company's Car Scheme would also be available for this positon.
HCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.