7 months ago
An exciting and rare opportunity exists for a highly
professional and experienced used car buyer, a proven track record in the motor
retail industry is a prerequisite. We are looking for an experienced motor
trade professional to value and purchase stock. The role will include valuing
cars internally and also purchasing from external sources. Reporting directly
to the Group Used Car Manager with the objective of growing our volumes and
increasing our profitability across all of our retail facilities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least five years experience and a proven track record
in motor retail sector.
- Achieve unit purchase targets for pre-owned cars
from retail clients, auctions and other sources.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and enthusiasm for
- Ability to appraise and value vehicles, being
profit-minded, and understanding all aspects of the used car department.
- Follow up with prospective customers, utilising
various methods of communication.
- Develop new purchasing channels and leads to
increase the level of stock.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of pricing and
specifications of vehicles.
-Demonstrate a detailed understanding of vehicle
- Maintain knowledge of relevant products and services
and maintain professional and technical expertise through on-the-job training,
attending training programs, establishing personal network and reviewing
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with our
The successful candidate must possess:
- A full clean current driving licence
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- General business knowledge, experience and/or training is
- Strong record of customer service success preferred.
- Proven sales experience in the automotive industry with a minimum
of five years experience in automotive retail.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to close the sale and handle
- Must be able to quickly assess individual client needs.
If you want to be part of a winning team, enjoy an industry
leading benefits, recognition & rewards package, then get in touch today.
Joe Duffy Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at
this time. Thank you.