5 months ago
Transport Administration Manager
Reports to Job Title
Deeside - Chester, CHE CH5 2QP UK (Primary)
JOB TITLE: Transport Administration Manager
LOCATION: Deeside Unit 2
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. Flexibility may be required
Part of the Culina Group, Great Bear is the flexible, agile ambient 3PL alternative. Great Bear is a key player in ambient 3PL, and through an extensive depot network including unique state of the art facilities at Port Salford and Markham Vale Great Bear serves established FMCG businesses.
Contribute to the continuing success of the company Transport contracts through the management of the Transport Administration Team. You will be responsible for acting as a key point of contact between the company and the customer, whilst supporting the management team in the running of an efficient and cost effective operation.
* Responsible for the overall management of the Transport Administration Team, whilst supporting the Senior Management Team in all areas of the operation.
* Leading and managing the Transport Administration Team, dealing with all day to day matters including annual leave, resource planning, , sickness, disciplinary and performance management.
* Manage and develop the Transport Administration Team through performance management, coaching and motivation techniques.
* To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus.
* Deputising for other members of the management team in their absence.
* Working as a key point of contact for the customer, attending meetings, holding conference calls to ensure thorough communication standards are maintained.
* Handling all administrative matters and customer queries to ensure a smooth running of a busy office.
* Attending customer review meetings with senior managers within the company and also the customer.
* Achieving client satisfaction and striving to surpass customer expectations at all times.
* Responsible for compiling all data and information required for the accurate production of KPI & Monthly reports as required.
* Ensuring all financial information is in place and liaising with the Contract Accountant to ensure that all invoicing is prepared and processed appropriately.
Skills & Experience
* Previous experience in office management, finance and transport.
* Excellent customer service skills, able to demonstrate a courteous and professional attitude towards customers and third party hauliers.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
* Commercial awareness.
* Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
* Able to work to tight deadlines.
* PC literate in Microsoft office applications.
* Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns in order to cover for absence.
* Should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to solve problems.
Monday - Friday
Start / Finish Times
9.00am to 5.00pm