We have an exciting new opportunity for a Warehouse Manager to join our growing TPS business.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the TPS Warehouse Manager is responsible for running an effective and efficient warehouse through the management of the warehouse team to deliver excellent service to customers. The role carries the responsibility for maintaining the highest levels of stock integrity through efficient stock management and implementing TPS warehouse processes to ensure full audit traceability.
Key activities will include:
Warehouse and sales performance
• Set and allocate performance targets for the Warehouse Operatives and Van Drivers.
• Regularly review targets with TPS Centre Manager and take action for any deviations
Managing the team
• Conduct regular 1:1 performance reviews to monitor the achievement of individual KPI’s, and provide developmental or corrective support where required
• With the TPS Centre Manager, ensure the team is motivated and recognised through appropriate rewards and bonuses
• Provide a high level of service to customers by ensuring your team follow the correct ware house processes and procedures
• With the TPS management team, monitor delivery schedules to help maintain and improve service levels
• Provide a professional image to the customer in line with TPS operational standards
• Ensure that all inbound stock is checked, allocated to the correct locations and any anomalies or damages are reported immediately
• Ensure all stock movements out of the building prior to despatch are accurately controlled – guarding against any unauthorised removal of parts stock
• Maintain a stock inventory to ensure shelf to system accuracy
• Ensure stock is kept safe, secure and in good condition, as per TPS/VWG process guidelines
• Conduct and document daily perpetual inventory checks. Support the stock audit team as required
• Ensure returns are processed are dealt with in accordance with current TPS process manual guidelines
• Through the team, ensure orders are picked accurately and promptly ready for despatch to the customer
• Ensure all customer delivery anomalies are reported to the Sales Team to advise the customer accordingly
• Ensure a clear understanding of where the delivery vans are at all times – allowing visibility to the rest of the team
Systems and processes
• Adhere to health and safety regulations at all times (particularly Manual Handling practices)
• Maintain a clean, tidy and efficient environment for the team to work in
• Comply with established business processes and guidelines (including warranty)
• Ensure that all exchange units are dealt with in accordance with current TPS process manual guidelines
• Ensure that cash and cheques are handled securely
In order to be successful for the Warehouse Manager position, you must:
• Have a passion or interest in the automotive industry
• Proven experience of providing great customer service
• Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and an honest disposition.
• Be IT literate and preferably an advanced user of MS Excel
• Have the ability to lift and carry heavy items
• Be able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
Skills you will require:
• Have previous experience of working in a supervisory or management position preferably within a warehouse that deals with high volume product lines
• A proven ability to successfully manage and motivate a team to achieve performance objectives
• Effective communication skills and the ability to effectively build strong relationships with all key stakeholders
What we can offer you:
• A genuine platform for you to develop your career and skills through our industry leading training and development programmes.
• A Volkswagen Group induction programme that provides you all of the knowledge for you to excel in the workplace
• An honest and trustworthy place of work with an opportunity to join an exceptionally knowledgeable team of industry professionals
To apply for the position of Warehouse Manager with TPS, please follow the hyperlinks below and complete the application process.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
As part of the Volkswagen Group along with Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen passenger cars and Commercial Vehicles, we are a national network of TPS Centres. We have a 1,500-strong national workforce with a management team that prides itself on creating an environment that allows our people to excel.
For TPS, Genuine Parts are just as important as Genuine People. Our knowledgeable team build lasting relationships with our customers by helping them find genuine Volkswagen Group Parts that fit first time, every time.
We provide an on demand delivery service, on-going offers and promotions and service that our customers trust.
Nationally launched as a new brand concept in 2006, TPS has experienced rapid and consistent results in the number of TPS Centres opened and financial growth. The customer service we provide is market leading - with 9 out of 10 customers saying we are easy to do business with.