7 months ago
Test and Validation Technician
Job Title: Test and Validation Technician
Department: Design & Development
Location: Factory 2, Hinckley
Reporting to: Principal Engineer
Working within our Design and Development department the Test and Validation Technician would be responsible for carrying out component and static whole vehicle validation tests.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assembly and set up of mechanical validation tests.
• Carrying out tests to predefined test procedures.
• Reporting of test results, both verbally and in a formal written report.
• Working with other members of the department to solve problems.
• Developing new test methods and procedures.
• Proposing efficiency and accuracy improvements within our test regime.
• Accurate record keeping of test results.
• Facilities maintenance and modification.
Essential skill requirements:
• HNC/D or equivalent in a relevant Engineering subject.
• Computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Mechanical assembly skills.
• Ability to follow procedures accurately.
• Must have good people skills and be able to work individually or as part of a team.
• Good awareness of health and safety.
We are willing to consider experienced candidates or those having recently completed a relevant qualification with the desire to develop and learn theory within a hands on role.
Desirable skill requirements:
• An interest in Motorcycles.
• Fabrication and machining skills.
• Hydraulic test equipment experience.
• NDT - Die Pen Testing, training could be provided.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 30th April 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.