Qualified Vehicle Technician required for Prestige main dealer.
Level 3 NVQ + 2yrs Main Dealer experience is ESSENTIAL.
The role of the Vehicle Technician is to:
• To diagnose, repair and service the range of manufacturer products in accordance with manufacturer’s work specifications.
• Through the use of diagnostic equipment and a systematic approach, ensure vehicle faults are diagnosed and rectified. Meet with customers to identify and clearly understand problems as and when required.
• Ensure full understanding of latest technology introduced on the vehicle range and how to diagnose and repair faults on them.
• Carry out diagnosis, repairs and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification.
• Ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others.
• Liaise and seek advice from colleagues and supervisors in situations that are over and above work specified.
• Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road testing vehicles after work has been carried out. Liaise with Service Advisor.
• Complete relevant service documentation (job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with brand standards, warranty and site requirements.
• Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of special and personal tools.
• Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
• Relevant manufacturer experience.
Skills & Knowledge
• Full UK driving licence.
• Smart appearance.
• Competency in numeracy, literacy and IT.
Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm + 1:3 Saturdays on a Rota basis.