We are looking for talented and efficient MET and Fitters to join our successful group of accident repair Bodyshop’s in London and the South East.
You will be fully experienced at dismantling and reassembling vehicles to a high standard and could easily fit into a fast-paced workshop. With a good understanding of the requirements of working to manufacturer’s specifications in a BSI accredited site. ATA would be an advantage but not essential.
Needs to be able to do GEO's and use a diagnostic machine
The key responsibilities for this role are:
· To make written and verbal reports on service and repair activity to the Workshop Controller in order to obtain authorisation. Make sure you add any supplementaries at the stage of stripping (not refit) this helps you to achieve bonus and through flow of the vehicle quickly and smoothly, stopping delays at refit
· Once the car has been stripped no parts are to be left in the car, all parts to be placed on the racking provided
· Any parts left in the vehicle must be bagged up and covers placed in the boot ensuring no damage to the vehicle
· After stripping you must check you have followed the job card, any apertures must be covered prior to removing from the bay and the QC sheet must be signed for the PAS 125 purpose and job completed on advance and supplementary to be taken to estimators for signature and to parts for additional parts ordering Ensure all protection covers and aperture covers are in place (if it is in your bay it is your responsibility)
· To complete all administrative procedures (including warranty) relating to service and repair work
· To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
· To undertake vehicle road tests when necessary
· To attend meetings and training programmes as required
· To assist with development and training of other Technicians
With an hourly rate relating to your experience and performance, the working hours are 42.5 hours per week. A bonus scheme is in place, along with a work-based pension scheme and 28 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays).