Technical Trainer - Milton Keynes
About Impetus Automotive:
Based in Warwick, the Company is a long established and well regarded global consultancy, and part of an AIM listed Group. As a market leader we provide end to end solutions tailored to our clients' needs, purely within the automotive industry. We support a blue chip client base of vehicle manufacturers through the delivery of consultancy services, IT / data solutions, business process improvement, business process outsourcing and Training. We work within six core channels; parts, service, retail sales, corporate sales, accessories and used vehicles.
We now have the exciting opportunity for an individual who excels within a fast paced, challenging and hugely rewarding environment to be a Technical Trainer.
The Role: This role provides a great opportunity to broaden your skills to enable you to deliver a range of engaging and informative training programmes which will include elements of course development and design.
- Delivery of core technical and project-based training programmes.
- To deliver engaging, learner-focused training solutions aligned to TAP methodology.
- Ensure delegates' action plans are completed with appropriate challenges.
- All ROI evaluations are briefed and completed.
- Ensure Return on Investment is a key driver behind all delivery.
- Align all delivery to VWG and individual brand cultures and requirements.
- Utilise appropriate technology in the delivery of learning interventions, such as e-learning and virtual classrooms.
- Undertake design work as and when required that is learner-focused, aligned to TAP methodology and brand/factory requirements, covering all training areas.
- Developing materials necessary for the delivery of new Model Launch courses.
- Perform all aspects of the role to the standards set out within yearly objectives and KPI/SLA agreements between Volkswagen Group UK & Impetus Training Ltd.
- Undertake all aspects of administration in relation to training delivery, e.g. completing course rosters, pre-course and post-course briefings, assignment/test scoring and inputting.
- Attend factory or brand led events as a representative of the brand, Impetus Automotive and Learning Services, ranging from Train the Trainer events to Product Launches.
- Practical current vocational skills and expertise in the areas you are required to train (minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent).
- Proven track record of consistently achieving performance targets.
- A team player yet capable and willing to work on own initiative.
- Experience of developing others.
- Ability to maintain a dynamic and engaging delivery style at all times.
- Ability to engage groups of learners at every stage of the learning process using a variety of exercises and discussions to embed learning.
- Ability to translate interventions and content in a way that provides learners with the link to how application of learning will lead to performance improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of L&D theory and best practice and how it is practically applied in an L&D department.
- An understanding of blended learning and its application.
- Maintains credibility by keeping up to date with new and revised learning and development theories, practices, and methodologies including technological advancements.
- A genuine interest and passion for the automotive industry, keeping abreast of developments both within the VWG brands and its competitors.
- Intermediate IT Skills – All Microsoft Office Packages.
TAP Delivery Skills Accredited.
Experience of utilising technology in the delivery of training such as webinars, social media.
An understanding of ROI and its application in training interventions.
Experience of working in learning departments with a focus on achieving set qualification standards & targets.
An understanding of assessment tools and their links to learning & development.
Able to commute to the Milton Keynes area.
- Volkswagen Groups National learning Centre in Milton Keynes.
- Competitive Salary