Technical Support Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Working hours: Monday to Friday (40 hours a week)
This is a broad role with some additional specific responsibilities
Technical Support Manager specific responsibilities:
· Management of Aftersales Technical team
· Ensure team meet technical response targets
· End responsibility for individual vehicle issue resolution in all markets
· 1st line support for Dealer Network on technical issues
· TIE response to dealer (under 30 minutes)
· Ensure TIE operation is within expected guidelines (dealer performance)
· Operation of DSA repair tool
· Remote diagnostic tool operation by TeamViewer
· Liaison between departments to improve processes and end user experience
· Feedback into FIFI process
· Aftersales representation at FIFI scheduled weekly meetings
· Monitoring technical trends and reporting on TIM system where appropriate
· Dealer visits for technical support where necessary
· Dealer visits for process support where necessary
· Input with other departments to resolve issues and quality concerns
· Testing of potential resolutions
· In-Dealer special tool requirement, assessment/procurement/testing
· Assess dealer repairs/Warranty claims for suitability and correct process
· Collate and grow background technical information for advanced diagnostic assistance
Technical Support Manager general responsibilities:
· Provide written communication and presentations to share knowledge with other team members
· Ensure Aftersales repair methods are suitable for use in market
· Assessment of published repair times (Warranty/Market suitability)
· Provide product/repair coaching for other team members
· Provide technical support through multiple medias; phone, e-mail, forum, video conference
· To assess warranty repairs in market and update/approve on Warranty System
· Data analysis from Aftersales IT systems (Warranty, TIE, WaCS, SBOM)
· Provision of information and training to Engineering, Manufacturing and Aftersales areas.
· Support for verification/validation, in-market testing & the management of test plans.
· Liaise with engineering development and suppliers to ensure knowledge is kept at "Expert" level
· EPC assessment and problem resolution
· Dealer bulletin authoring and assessment (Process and Parts)
· Additional technician support (training) 1-1 where necessary
· Verification of repair processes in published materials
· Author/advise on service technical bulletins
The Ideal Technical Support Manager:
· Experience of managing a small team
· Track record of working as an electrical and/or vehicle technician (7 years +) within an automotive workshop or automotive OE environment.
· Advanced understanding of vehicle electrical systems.
· Recent practical experience of using laptop-based vehicle diagnostic toolsets.
· Recent practical experience of working with vehicle electrical diagrams and system schematics.
· Ability to plan, organise & control time efficiently & profitably.
· Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.
· Shift working, including Saturday mornings (rota)
· Understanding of failure mode detection techniques & analysis.
· Confident user of IT in particular Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
· Industry recognised technician qualifications (BTEC ONC/HNC or an apprenticeship combined with relevant experience).
· Full driving license is essential.
· No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
· Tenacious and diligent working practices.
· Attention to detail is a must.
· Good team player and able to work on own initiative.
· Desire for continuous improvement.
This Job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by Head of Aftersales
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity within your already successful career and would like to join this highly successful prestige motor company, then APPLY today!
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application date, please assume we will not be progressing your application.