8 months ago
The System Engineer role is to conceptualise and design system solutions to meet the requirements of the projects. The system engineer is required to develop and manage system level requirement to meet the needs of the customer, legislative authorities and functional safety. You will then work closely with other engineering disciplines to design and develop appropriate system solutions within the time and cost budgets of the project. The role includes the specification and execution of appropriate tests to verify the success of the developed systems.
• Analysis of customer requirements, functional safety requirements, relevant legislation and standards to develop system requirement specifications.
• Use of proven system analysis and design methodologies to develop elegant efficient solutions to meet the project requirements.
• Work closely with Functional Safety department to ensure the analysis and development of appropriate functional safety requirements.
• Work closely with other engineering disciplines to develop system design specifications and algorithms.
• Plan, conduct and review testing of new software, hardware and calibrations at a variety of levels including integration testing, dyno testing and vehicle level testing, sometimes including worldwide field trips
• Calibration of system functions to comply with project requirements. Complete sign-off procedures for vehicle algorithms, calibrations and final product testing. Undertake system and vehicle development and problem-solving within tight timescales.
• Fully document the design development and verification of developed systems.
• Understand and comply with company and customer confidentiality agreements and maintain the security of company and customer property
• Degree-qualified in a relevant science or Engineering disciplines.
• Proven experience in a similar role within a research and development environment
• An understanding of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices
• Experience of requirements analysis and management, preferably using dedicated requirements management tools (eg DOORS, Cradle, MKS).
• Experience of Configuration management Tools (eg MKS)
• Experience of systems design methodologies
• Hands on experience of developing control algorithms for automotive applications
• Knowledge or familiarity of, Software C-code, MATLAB, CAN and flexray communication protocols and toolchain.
• Knowledge of basic electronic hardware techniques and an ability to interpret circuit schematics.
• Knowledge of the use of microcontrollers within real time embedded systems
• Experience with Working with high voltage systems
• GooGood test and analysis skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised
• Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities