8 months ago
Skills Coach x 2 (Light Vehicle/Heavy Vehicle) Kent
£25,000.00 - £35,000.00 per annum, plus £4,800.00 Car Allowance
Overall Job Purpose
A Skills Coach plays a key role in working with both employers and learners in the achievement of Level 2 & 3 apprenticeship frameworks in a number of technical and non technical areas, together with the requirement to further develop and create further opportunities within all Skillnet programmes.
* Technical - Heavy Vehicle, Light Vehicle, MET, Bus & Coach, Traffic Office, Warehousing, DGV, Sales, Body & Paint, Parts
* Non-Technical - Business Administration, Management, Team Leader, Customer Service
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
All requirements of the role of Skills Coach are delivered in accordance with established Skillnet procedures.
* Recruitment of new learners to employer apprentice schemes.
* Conducting thorough work place induction for all new learners.
* Visiting learners in the work place to carry out workplace reviews, assessments, gather evidence, assess progress, observe work practices and update learner records.
* Inform, guide and advise as necessary regarding training, welfare and discipline.
* Conduct Health & Safety monitoring and vetting of employers to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and appropriate compliance with statutory Health & Safety requirements.
* Monitor the frequency, content and consistency of learner reviews and assessment over multiple site contracts.
* Establish and maintain professional relationships with employers, and awarding bodies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* GCSE in English, Maths, IT or equivalent (Functional Skills will be assessed as part of the recruitment process)
* TAQA Certificate or equivalent (Assessor and Verifier Units)
* Good organisational skills with a methodical approach to managing caseload.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to coach, support and develop learners to complete apprenticeship programme(s).
* Working knowledge and understanding of awarding body requirements.
* Responsive, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
To apply for the position, please submit a full Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter to Recruitment4Skillnet@skillnet.org.uk