9 months ago
We currently have a position for a fully qualified vehicle technician at our Evesham branch
The TECHNICIAN job involves all or some of the following tasks:
* Analyses work orders carefully to understand a vehicle’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
* Determines which parts and tools will be required for a given repair or service and ensures their availability.
* Diagnoses and completes repairs on customer vehicles.
* Uses the computer to determine how long a given repair or service will take and keeps the Service Advisor or team leader informed of repair progress so that additional work may be scheduled.
* Conducts routine service on vehicles.
* Documents completed work orders to include the repairs conducted, the parts required, and the labour involved.
* Informs the Service Advisor and the Parts Department if a part needs to be ordered.
* Asks the Service Advisor and/or the Parts Department for clarification if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect.
* Performs complicated repair sequences according to established procedures.
* Writes on the work order the repairs completed, the parts required, and the labour to be charged.
* Documents any other vehicle problems noted during servicing.
* Interacts directly with customers to explain vehicle problems and the steps taken to correct the problems as needed.
* Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
* Ensures the security of all inventory and analyses the quality of parts.
* Attends regular safety meetings to review work safety rules.
* Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
* Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
The TECHNICIAN must have knowledge of:
* Automotive systems (e.g., understanding of basic vehicle layout, function, and location of parts).
* Parts requirements to complete a job, and the ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders.
* Approved and established procedures for conducting service and repairs.
* The quality control and inspection requirements of the Service Department.
* The shop area and the availability of special tools that might be needed.
* New models and recent improvements through technical bulletins, training courses, technical magazines, etc.
* The manufacturer’s new and recent products.
* Car problems, warranties, services, and repairs.
* The retail motor industry and automotive systems in general.
* Retail/wholesale standards and adherence to those standards.
* Relevant local, national, and European regulations and laws pertaining to the automotive industry.
* Competitors’ services and repair price structures.
* Vehicle legislation, consumer legislation, and trade practices.
* The retail facility’s organisational structure.
What the work involves:
* Ability to work positively among other Technician and Service Advisors and to help them when needed
* A good work ethic, a positive attitude, and a strong desire to repair customers’ cars correctly
* Some contact with external customers
* Ability to pay close attention to administrative details
* High level of recordkeeping
* High level of detail-oriented paperwork (documentation of repairs, charges, etc.)
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to write clearly and legibly and to listen and document items accurately
* A professional appearance and an enthusiastic attitude
* Work in a busy, active, lively environment
* Ability to manage own time and workflow
Please upload your CV using the form below and we will get in touch soon.