Our client a premium brand franchise dealer in the South East are searching for an experienced Service Manager to join their team.
Service Manager Job Purpose
Manages service department team members, including customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. Provides the highest level of customer service with a sales-minded attitude while developing lasting customer relationships.
Service Manager Job Duties
- Effectively manages team members, including technicians and advisors, to ensure team objectives and sales goals are being carried out
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered
- Offers exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by upselling products and services and taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally
- Assists with or performs administrative tasks
- Develops working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures service department adheres to all regulations
- Sets up and maintains service desk, including managing service desk team members and evaluating desk efficiency
- Resolves service desk problems and improves current service desk methods to increase productivity and customer service
- Monitors department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
- Regularly audits work being done and customer service being provided to ensure all standards are met and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
- Oversees team members performing inspections, preparing reports, and doing repairs; if necessary, carries out these job duties personally to ensure highest quality of work
Service Manager Skills and Qualifications
Previous Service Experience, Comprehensive Industry Knowledge, Management Experience, Strong Customer-Facing Skills, Strong Written and Verbal Communication, Self-Motivated, Troubleshooting, Creative Problem-Solving, Degree in Business or Administration desirable.