* Actively contributes to and supports the IT security strategy.
* Sets and measures clear, realistic and timely objectives and goals.
* Champions security improvements, working with the operational teams to deliver secure Windows systems.
* Anticipates the impact of executing plans across Lookers IT and has a flexible approach to managing time to allow for contingencies, anticipating and removing potential obstacles.
* Uses resources and time expertly, and skilfully and promptly sorts the urgent and the important priorities within complex processes.
* Through their actions and behaviours, they continually inspire others to remain calm, focused and energised during periods of extreme pressure.
* Builds on successful initiatives to gain acceptance of ideas, including building behind the scenes support for ideas and initiatives.
* Clearly identifies what constitutes the appropriate level of workload for self and others, ensuring processes and tasks are planned to limit levels of stress, whilst remaining productive.
* Proven experience conducting security control assessments or audits, including maintaining sufficient technical skills and understanding to be able to conduct assessments of Windows systems to verify whether systems have been configured in line with industry accepted standards and have been sufficiently secured.
* Able to draft and roll-out compelling Windows security policies, procedures, and standards and advise upon the Windows security architectural principles for the Lookers IT.
* Keeps up-to-date with developments and uses professional knowledge to anticipate trends and amend working practices accordingly.
* Viewed as a Windows security expert and shares specialist knowledge to improve performance of self/others.
* Proven experience leading IT security initiatives, including:
Hardening and maintaining secure Windows environments.
Deployment and security of collaboration tools, such as Skype for Business, Teams, and OneDrive.
Deployment and management of BitLocker drive encryption and key management.
Deployment, configuration, and management of Windows Defender.
Maximising the use of Windows 10, Server 2016, and Azure AD security features.
* Experience managing Windows security risks and PCI DSS compliance within an end-user organisation.
* A solid technical understanding and strong knowledge of IT security best practice, common attack types and detection/prevention methods, including CISecurity Benchmarks and NIST guidelines.
* Proven experience working within organisations that are compliant with recognised IT security standards and frameworks, including achieving Cyber Security Essentials, PCI DSS and ISO 27001 compliance.
* One or more relevant Windows security qualifications from a recognised body, such as GIAC GCWN.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.