At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus, delivering customer delight through our products and services. Ours is a friendly, collaborative and fast moving business where we work together to deliver great things and thrive in an environment which encourages innovation and supports personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Service Team Manager to be based at our Epsom site.
The key purpose of this role is to ensure the delivery of exemplary levels of customer service both personally, and through the Service Advisors, whilst maximising revenue opportunity in line with Aftersales process, integrity and Daimler compliance guidelines.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the number one premium automotive brand as we continue to grow – if you are looking for a challenging but fun role in a great business offering market leading professional and personal development, click apply now.
The main focus of this position is to lead a team of Service Advisors and continually monitoring their progress through the use of daily operating controls, ensuring that the Aftersales process is followed, and any corrective action necessary is quickly identified.
This role is critical and you will need to constantly maintain a sales focus, always looking to maximise revenue opportunities in line with Aftersales targets.
Other key responsibilities in this role include:
- Actively understanding and delivering the Mercedes-Benz Retail Group Aftersales process during every customer interaction
- Consistently delivering an exceptional customer experience that creates sustainable quality NPS returns
- Receiving a proportionate number of customers and their vehicles daily in a friendly and professional manner, discussing and confirming their requirements and taking responsibility for the vehicle
- Managing, coaching and motivating other employees, creating an engaged and focussed team
- Supporting the Service/Aftersales Manager in defining target agreements with employees and reviewing the level of target achievement
- Ensuring regular reporting for company management as required
Alongside experience in a similar role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Genuine desire to deliver world class customer service, with sound understanding of mechanisms for customer service performance measurement
- A strong level of commercial awareness, with a strong sales focus
- Previous experience managing Aftersales, and high performing teams
- The ability to create excellent interdepartmental and Market Area relationships
- The ability to monitor and implement process within teams
- Excellent administration skills as well as a high level of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to handle pressure without it affecting working relationships or effectiveness
Aside from a highly competitive salary and commission structure, which rewards personal and business success, you will be able to drive your own Mercedes-Benz. You will also receive access to our excellent pension scheme as well as discounts on holidays, shopping, insurances and lots more.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10-minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying alongside an indication of your salary expectations. The Mercedes-Benz recruitment process reflects our obligations under relevant UK legislation. Whilst all applications are carefully considered, we are only able to progress applications from candidates who have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Managing your data
We care about your personal data. The General Data Protection Regulation provides you with more control and by submitting an application to us, we consider this to be an agreement to process your personal data in support of our recruitment and selection process. Your application data is held within our secure applicant tracking system called Taleo - you’ll be given access to a candidate zone in this system where you can monitor and manage your application and see status updates. We will communicate with you, by email or phone, throughout the recruitment process so that we can keep you updated and inform you of your progress through the recruitment process. You can also seek ‘job alerts’ once you are registered in Taleo and it’s possible your details may be returned in searches we conduct for new positions and we may contact you by email to let you know about them. We will retain your personal data for a maximum 6 months following the last change in your application status, after which time, your account would be deleted.