Here at Halliwell Jones (Wilmslow) Ltd we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technician. The position is located at our Wilmslow Centre consisting of Aftersales, Bodyshop and BMW and MINI Sales. On offer is a competitive salary, ongoing training and development at the BMW Academy and great career progression opportunities.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the main objectives of the post are to:
· To carry out service, diagnostic and repair work efficiently and competently. Experience of using the latest BMW diagnostic tools and equipment. Knowledge of BMW technical reporting TSARA, ISTA/D, ISTA/P and AIR. BMW/ IMI Hybrid qualification level 2 preferred.
Essential criteria for the position includes:
· NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent City and Guilds or BTEC accreditation) qualified with extensive experience working in a Franchised Centre (ideally in a BMW / Prestige centre) and be highly skilled at fault diagnosis.
· Technical knowledge and passion for BMW products and technology.
· Highly skilled at fault diagnosis.
· Deliver first time fix to meeting customer satisfaction.
· Ability to work autonomously.
· Ability to work within given timescales and complete a wide range of tasks.
· Ability to comply with warranty write ups.
· To ensure all chargeable labour and workshop consumables are recorded on the job card.
· Highly motivated, team player that offers help and support to other, attention to detail.
· Willingness to learn and develop personal knowledge, and keep up-to-date with complex/ technical/product information, in order to improve profitability.
· An outstanding attitude and passion for customer service.
· An enthusiastic, dynamic and team orientated personality.
· Ability to deal with customers when necessary.
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
· Thorough knowledge of computer applications and diagnosis equipment.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a family based business that offers both a competitive salary along with a prestige brand and company culture. Other benefits include great staff discounts and life assurance. If you have the knowledge and experience in a corporate industry and you’re looking for your next career move, then we’d love to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply or post your CV and cover letter to Halliwell Jones (Wilmslow) Ltd, 130 Manchester Road, Wilmslow, SK9 2LE.