We are a car export company based in Cranleigh looking for an experienced and determined sales negotiator with a proven track record in developing and realizing new opportunities and consistently achieving sales targets. Our growth strategy requires a senior sales negotiator who will work closely with and complement an existing close-knit team of 6 people.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and adaptable, with an interest in cars and be happy to travel to Kenya specifically. The drive to close a lead and the thrill of creating new business in developing markets is key. A proven track record in export and the automotive industry is advantageous but not essential.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for negotiating and closing sales leads and realizing profit levels in line with set team and personal targets. Proactively contributing to the growth and profitability of the sales department.
Location and hours of role: We work on Dunsfold Park in Surrey (home of BBC Top Gear), and we work Monday to Friday (not weekends).
Role and Responsibilities
- Meet monthly car sales objectives set by the Managing Director (and Company overall) through effective communication, understanding of client’s needs and selling of appropriate UK and Japanese vehicles.
- Proactively manage enquiries to maximise the close rate whilst servicing the needs of the new and existing clients , drawing them to a close whilst maximizing customer profitability per deal.
- Qualify enquiries swiftly and focus on the bigger profit clients. Managing time rigorously to maintain focus on the best quality leads.
- Maintain regular interaction with key prospects to draw customers successfully to an import purchase.
- Realise a consistent sales conversion ratio – establish, maintain and expand the customer base.
- Sell : Steer clients towards appropriate cars, upsell MHH services, close in a timely manner and manage post sale communication to maximise customer experience and encourage repeat purchase.
- Manage purchasing of client’s cars effectively: Identify appropriate cars, complete all necessary background checks and verification of data, negotiate with UK suppliers to agree the best price and manage the transaction effectively.
- Travel to Kenya on a 6-8 weekly cycle. Meet and close individual clients and build relationships with corporate clients to close long term regular sales.
- Lead customer meetings with confidence and active listening. Be able to adapt the sales solution quickly within the meeting whilst adhering to the requirements of the company. Consistently follow up customer meetings with timely written communication detailing specific agreements.
- Prepare key sales figures and information and share personal action plan to hit targets at weekly sales and team meetings.
- Prepare and maintain sales documentation in line with administration and accounts requirements.
- Maintain own vehicle product knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks etc.
- Represent the principles and values of MHH International in all professional interactions with clients.
- Carry out any other duties as and when required by the Company.
To all recruitment agencies MHH International does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, MHH International employees or any other company location. MHH International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.