9 months ago
Avis Budget Group is looking for a high quality audit professional to join our International Audit team. Your aim will be to provide independent and objective assurance on the Company’s operations, focussing on risk management, compliance with policies and procedures and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
At Avis Budget Group we don’t just rent cars. We’re changing the way people move. Across our world-famous brands – Avis, Budget, Zipcar and Payless – we’re leading the way on global mobility solutions. We’re continually harnessing the latest technology to develop integrated products and services that will offer entirely new travel possibilities with more convenience and flexibility than ever before. We’re looking for the very best talent to help us do it, and in return we offer a fast-paced and collaborative working environment, where we’re committed to fostering innovation and putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Main duties of the role include:
* Undertaking risk-based financial audits and business process reviews at Avis Budget locations across the International region.
* Pre-audit planning, risk assessment and scoping.
* Understanding and documenting business processes. Carrying out verification and testing to substantiate balances and to determine the existence of controls and to evaluate the effectiveness of controls. Assessment of residual risk and determination of mitigating plans.
* Presentation of internal audit findings to local management in each operation.
* Supporting the application of best practice across the Group by sharing knowledge and process information.
* Assisting with the development of the department in order to optimise the efficiency of the audit process.
* Providing support to the Company on special audit projects (for example, this may include system and process changes or code of conduct investigations).
This role involves circa 40 to 50% travel to our key operational locations across Europe, including but not limited to, Budapest, Paris, Madrid and Rome. Your travel might also include occasional travel to Australia, New Zealand and India. Any finalisation of reports and planning for the next audit will generally take place from UK head office.
To be successful in this role you will need to have audit experience from a public accounting firm within assurance, internal audit services or risk management and ideally be studying towards or qualified with the ACA, CPA, ACCA or equivalent qualification. Strong English written and verbal skills are a must and a second European language would be of benefit.
We expect you to have strong financial accounting skills, the ability to document complex business processes and to identify and test controls.
You should be highly competent in defining and executing audit steps and techniques with a high degree of competency in the use of Word and Excel.
This role will ideally be based in Bracknell our International Head office, however if appropriate, the role could be based in any of our major European headquarters.
Please apply now to be considered.
Close large map
Avis Budget House - Bracknell
Avis Budget House, Park road, Bracknell, United Kingdom, RG12 2EW51.41766-0.74353
Open In Google Maps
* Apply For This Role