At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus, delivering customer delight through our products and services. Ours is a friendly, collaborative and fast moving business where we work together to deliver great things and thrive in an environment which encourages innovation and supports personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager (New Cars) to be based at our high performing Colindale site on Edgware Road in London. This is a fantastic site and a following an exceptional September, this is a great opportunity to continue to drive exceptional performance.
New Cars are an essential part of the Mercedes-Benz UK business, providing a first class offering to individuals looking to drive away one of our exceptional cars at a competitive price.
Your role as a Sales Manager is to drive excellence within your team of skilled Sales Executives by motivating and encouraging them to consistently provide a first class face-to-face sales experience for our customers in order to maximise profitability for the business. Whether it be selling the cars themselves, or our market leading finance, insurance and ancillary products, your team will be the face of the business for every customer they interact with as will you when necessary.
With a highly competitive OTE of £79,000-£89,000, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the UKs number one premium automotive brand as we continue to grow each year.
If you are looking for an opportunity to drive sales of our fantastic products, in a great business offering market leading professional and personal development as well as a great working environment surrounded by great people, click apply now!
Outside of motivating your team, the key focus of this role is work closely with our customers to maximise profitability when selling them a car! It sounds strange to suggest working with customers will maximise profitability but you will be responsible for discussing our finance, insurance and ancillary products – all of which bring in additional revenue and will help us remain the number one premium automotive brand.
You will also be responsible for the overall Mercedes-Benz experience, incorporating all of the company’s products and services in order to meet and exceed the customer’s needs.
Customer satisfaction is crucial to the success of our business…customer expect exceptional service from a brand like Mercedes-Benz and you will need to ensure they receive it.
Other key responsibilities in this fantastic role include:
- Planning, organising, coaching and motivating the New Car sales team
- Monitoring and reviewing sales targets with Sales Executives and Management team on a regular basis
- Ensuring that within area of operation all regulations and standards concerning FCA are adhered to
- Identifying areas of risk within your area of responsibility and developing and maintaining effective controls to reduce risk of fraud occurring
- Ensuring part exchange vehicles are appraised correctly using the approved appraisal process
- Ensuring all reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Controlling preparations costs and standards by working closely with the Aftersales Manager
- Ensuring new target groups are acquired systematically through ongoing analysis of advertising effectiveness, cold prospecting, local advertising/promotional events and other techniques deemed profitable
- Efficient and timely management of the delivery and follow up process
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager with experience within the automotive industry.
Other skills and experience required for this role include:
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Sales experience in the automotive industry
- Cost centre management experience
- Enthusiasm to deliver the Mercedes-Benz experience and continually improve product knowledge of self and others
- The desire to achieve the highest standard of personalised customer care commensurate with the Mercedes-Benz brand
- Flexible approach to work, people, and adaptability to a changing workplace environment
- High level of IT literacy
Aside from a highly competitive salary and commission structure, which rewards personal and business success, you will be able to drive your own Mercedes-Benz. You will also receive access to our excellent pension scheme as well as discounts on holidays, shopping, insurances and lots more.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10-minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying alongside an indication of your salary expectations. The Mercedes-Benz recruitment process reflects our obligations under relevant UK legislation. Whilst all applications are carefully considered, we are only able to progress applications from candidates who have the right to work in the United Kingdom.