Automotive retailer Harwoods Group represents prestigious car brands Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Jaguar and Land Rover, as well as the truck brand MAN. We have eighteen businesses across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Established since 1931, we are a successful and progressive third generation family owned business and rank #11 in the Sunday Times ‘Top Track 250’, which league tables the UK’s private companies with a turnover of <£650m and <5,000 staff. In 2016 our turnover was £630m and we employed 900 people.
Our vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’, as we believe our primary role is to add maximum value to the customer journey. We also aim to make working at Harwoods as memorable and enjoyable as possible and benefit from above average employee engagement.
With 98% of staff scoring positively when asked ‘I am fully committed to doing my best for the company”, we’re a safe bet for a job and career.
Bentley Sussex was the home of the once joint Rolls Royce and Bentley franchise and has retained the Bentley franchise since 2003. From the launch of the Continental GT that year, we are striding towards exciting future brand changes. We have a team of just under 20 staff, several of whom have worked in the business for many years.
The role of the Sales Executive is to:
All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
Skills & Knowledge
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees. For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all the competencies below at the level described, as per the attached competency framework.
· Follow precisely and consistently the manufacturer sales process including meeting enquiry management targets.
· Ensure the showroom, displays, customer information, sales activities, vehicle documentation and other relevant information is kept and maintained accurately and comprehensively to the required manufacturer standard. To include the availability of brochures and display of manufacturer vehicles.
· Using various sources, prospect for new and used car customers on a regular basis to create sales opportunities. Through the effective use of a follow up process, maintain regular contact with all new and existing customers to ensure relationships are maintained for potential (repeat) business.
· Actively convey the culture of putting customers first by means of TCF always.
· Maximise sales opportunities by offering finance solutions to customers, as well as adhering to the FCA guidelines at all times with regard to portraying financial information and regulated activities.
· Manage the preparation and handover of sold vehicles to customers ensuring that the customer is given a full briefing on the operation of the vehicle and its controls including introducing customers to the aftersales department.
· To participate in planning sales campaigns and promotions to maximise sales penetration and take part fully in on and off-site promotions run by the department.
· Carry out accurate appraisals of all vehicles offered for part exchange.