Position: Sales Controller
Location: Bath Street, Ipswich, IP2 8SG
Salary: £60,000 OTE (Basic + Commission)
Hours: Full Time – 40.5 Per Week (MON - SUN)
*** Applicants must be aged 21 years and above due to insurance purposes ***
*** Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence ***
Imperial Cars are a multi award winning used car dealership with branches across the UK. We currently sit at 9th place in the list of the ‘Top 50 Independent Used Cars Retailers in the UK’ (Source: MotorTrader magazine - Nov 2017) and are widely recognised as the Nation’s favourite and fastest growing Used Car Dealer Group.
In 2004, Imperial Cars was a humble little 30 car site in Swanwick opposite the picturesque marina. We are now an 11 branch used car retailer with over 2,000 used cars for sale in Southampton, Chertsey, Northampton, Portsmouth, Fleet, Swanwick, Halesowen, Exeter, Ipswich, Newport Pagnell, and Grangemouth in Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Ipswich Branch for a Sales Controller! The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing all deals and ensuring that the sales team follow company procedures and achieve maximum profitability whilst achieving outstanding customer service.
Our on-going focus on customer experience and staff development has seen both our business and our employees thrive, so as a successful applicant you can expect on-going training, excellent career prospects, and market-leading reward packages.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually coach and mentor Sales Executives towards achieving their targets and overcoming challenges in relation to the sales process on a daily basis.
- Managing and motivating a team of Sales Executives and Handover Managers to exceed sales targets and KPIs.
- Holding daily sales briefing meetings with each shift - highlighting key challenges and driving sales targets.
- Ensuring the site, forecourt and showroom are presented in line with company standards at all times.
· Directly manage a sales team and ensure all team members develop and excel within their roles.
· Formulating sales targets in line with the Company’s expectations and targets supplied.
- Maximising the deal profitability by using the Company’s Dealer Management System.
- Managing the sales team on a daily basis to ensure all opportunities are maximised.
- Ensuring that the company sales process is adhered to at all times.
- Maximising the sale of finance and value added products.
- Achieving monthly sales volume targets.
Essential Skills & Behaviours
· A sustained and proven track record in the control of high-volume car retail operations.
· You will naturally be a tenacious, target driven and high-achieving individual.
· Experience in supporting Sales teams in achieving individual targets.
· Ability to optimise deals that maximise all potential profit streams.
· Proven exposure of actively running a team of Sales Executives.
· Experience of coaching and motivating Sales Executives.
· Capable of maintaining daily KPI reports.
· Excellent organisation skills.
· Holiday – 20 days paid holiday (increases with level of service) plus 8 days Statutory Bank Holidays
· Employee Action Days i.e. Go Karting, Clay Pigeon Shooting, and Quad Biking etc.
· Preferential Finance Rates when purchasing a car from the company
· Friends and Family Car Repairs, Servicing, and MOT’s
· Annual Christmas Party & Awards Evening
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
· Discounted RAC Breakdown Cover
· Company Pension Scheme
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Life Insurance
According to Auto Trader’s ‘Motor Trader Magazine’, Imperial Cars currently sit at 10th place in the list of the ‘Top 50 Independent Used Cars Retailers in the UK’
In the recent 2017 ‘Car Dealer Magazine Awards’ we were voted 1st in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category
In the 2016 ‘Car Dealer Magazine Awards’ we were 2nd in the ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ category, and also 2nd in the top 140 of ‘Most Influential Dealers on Twitter’
We currently have 11 branches in the UK: Southampton, Chertsey, Northampton, Portsmouth, Fleet, Swanwick, Halesowen, Exeter, Ipswich, Newport Pagnell, and Grangemouth in Scotland
In the Auto Trader ‘Click’ awards we were voted ‘Used Car Supermarket of the Year’ in 2015, ‘Digital Forecourt of the Year’ in 2016, ‘Data Driven Retailer of the Year’ in 2017, and ‘Digital Retailer of the Year’ in 2017