There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
As a result of internal transfers within the Accounts department we are now looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Controller to join our busy team in our Stourbridge dealership.
· Reconcile supplier statements to the purchase ledger
· BACS payment runs
· To ensure authorised purchase invoices are coded and processed in a timely manner
· To accurately deal with all purchase ledger transactions which includes allocating all purchase ledger payments
· Timely resolution of supplier queries with dealership line managers
· Timely closure of purchase ledger at month end in accordance with management accounts deadline
· To review aged creditors with accountant as appropriate
· Supervision and control of purchase ledger team
· To carry out other duties and responsibilities within the scope of this post which may be allocated from time to time
· Previous experience within a similar role
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Organisational skills, able to prioritise and handle conflicting demands
· High attention to detail
· Enjoy working as part of a team
· Experience of Kerridge and the motor trade advantageous
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.