Purchase Ledger Clerk,
Contract Type: Temporary
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
· Reporting to the North East Head Office Financial Accountant
· Set up supplier accounts and maintain existing account details.
· Register all North East Head Office invoices and send out to various managers for authorisation.
· Code and pass all authorised invoices on system.
· Review unauthorised invoice report and chase up with relevant managers.
· Reconcile supplier statements.
· Pay suppliers on a month payment run.
· Run ad-hoc cheques and make CHAPS payments.
· File invoices and statements.
· Deal with all purchase ledger queries and telephone calls.
· Liaise with dealerships regarding invoice recharges.
· Register IT invoices on Hardcat.
· General duties including filing and scanning.
· You will be well presented with excellent communication and organisational skills.
· You must be, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
· You must have a flexible approach to your duties.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017 and 2018.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.