9 months ago
• Interpretation of machine requirements in collaboration with systems, hardware and mechanical engineers to generate detailed formal specifications.
• Conceptual design from first principals applied to permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types.
• Progressing machine designs from ideas to prototypes with the development of detailed models and supporting engineering documentation, through to participating in prototype build, testing and validation.
• Generation and execution of machine specific test plans, engineering documentations, coordinating investigation and undertake analysis where necessary to resolve performance issues.
• Establish and maintain specialist design tools and methodologies to support electrical machine design.
• Supervising technical support staff during machine assembly and test.
• Support Business Development in winning new business, representing the Company at supplier, partner and customer locations, both in the UK and overseas.
• Generation and formal review of technical documentation from the design process.
• Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Relevant postgraduate training would be an advantage.
• Experience of quick-sizing with emphasis on electromagnetic and thermal performance of electrical machines.
• Experience in designing and developing high performance brushless rotating electrical machines, typically including permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types.
• Experienced and familiar with using a range of electromagnetic FEA tools together with other machine design tools.
• Understanding and experience of all mechanical aspects that influence the design of rotating electrical machines. This would extend to a familiarity with CAD analysis tools.
• Experience of small to medium volume manufacturing and assembly techniques appropriate to rotating electrical machines.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex technical problems
• Good written and verbal communication skills. German language skills would be advantageous.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined project team but also to work alone unsupervised to complete tasks on time and within budget.
• Highly-motivated, confident in customer facing situations.
• Able to share skills and to develop others.