A good technician relishes the opportunity to join a Prestige brand, doing what they do best, problem solving, fault finding and enjoying a successful job well done. Repairing vehicles for customers of the dealership; you will be an individual who can fix a problem, rather than merely just fitting a part.
We understand you want a role, working for one of the largest and most successful automotive retailers in the UK, a celebrated group who truly support / take care of their teams.
Successful candidates will not only receive a fantastic salary package but will also be further trained in manufacture training for the prestige brand you will be working with.
The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving the following: -
• To perform all work assigned in a timely manner, economically and to Company and Manufacturer’s standards.
• To advise Controller if additional work is required on a vehicle and seek their assistance and authority in the rectification of faults
• To maintain a high level of competence for the work to be undertaken by undergoing on-site training, attending courses at suppliers and manufacturer’s and reading technical bulletins as required
• To discuss with customers, problems with the vehicle as requested
• To ensure the Company image of professionalism and quality of service is maintained when dealing with customers.
• To operate equipment and carry out all duties in a safe manner
• To maintain equipment, protective clothing and work areas in a clean, tidy and safe condition
• To assist management with the introduction of new methods of work designed to improve efficiency
• To carry out any other duties as required
Relevant Experience & Qualifications Required
• Be able to work efficiently and safely to produce work of the highest standard
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ post apprenticeship experience, ideally with the franchise and level 3/4 qualifications, although this is not essential
• Be able to comply with all company and manufacturer’s disciplines and procedures
For further details on this role and other jobs in the motor trade in the Kent area please contact Kevin Curtis of JGA Automotive Ltd.