Steer Automotive Group has some new and exciting career opportunities due to ongoing business growth and recent key acquisitions and re-branding from Baldwins Repair Group. We are one of the largest accident repair Groups in the UK with sites in Aylesbury (Head Office), Leicester, Corby, Birmingham, Coventry, Stratford upon Avon, Northampton and Brackley which are all We currently employ just over 155 members of staff in both workshop and office roles.
We are looking for individuals who are expert in their trade, professional, conscientious, organised, committed to excellence, exceptional attention to detail and customer focussed. They also need to be able to hit the ground running.
Ideally you will have gained at least three years’ experience within a bodyshop environment and be used to dealing with high volumes of work.
About the Job
As a Panel Beater at our Oldbury site, the purpose of your role is to:
· Repair and replace body components to damaged vehicles to pre-accident condition and to Kitemark BS10125 and manufacturer's standards
· Use specialist body repair equipment
You must be able to:
· Plan your workload effectively to ensure vehicles are ready to agreed timescales;
· Work skilfully and safely under pressure;
· Carry out work in accordance with manufacturers specification;
· Work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative with minimal supervision;
· Be flexible in your approach; and
· Continually work to high standards with customer satisfaction in mind.
You will ensure that all tasks carried out follow our Health and Safety guidelines; for example, wearing all provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and keeping all work areas clean and tidy.
Monday - Friday 8-5pm
Our job applicant privacy notice can be found on our website Steer Automotive.