We are looking for Apprentices to join our Accident Repair Centres as Panel Technician apprentices in the following locations –
Bristol (BS30 7DA)
Glasgow (G73 1PP)
Middlewich (CW10 0GY)
Teeside (TS18 2RS)
Wednesbury (WS10 7XD)
This apprenticeship program will enable you to be the next generation in Body Shop technicians to adapt to changing collision repair technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to earn while gaining a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification in Panel Beating.
You will learn the many techniques required for replacing and repairing new age steel, aluminium, plastics and carbon fibre body panels and structural components using state of the art equipment and tools.
DLG Auto Services are part of Direct Line Group and have been operating since 1995; we have grown to 19 sites covering most major cities, repairing around 70,000 accident damaged cars, every year. Our Body Shops have state of the art equipment and tooling and have all achieved the British Standard Kite mark for quality.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
Salary and Hours
- 40 hours per week – shifts will be discussed at the interview stage
- Year 1: £4.60/hr (£9,568 per annum)
- Year 2: £8.45/hr (£17,576 per annum) – in line with National Living Wage
- Year 3: £8.45/hr (£17,576 per annum) – subject to National Living Wage
- 22 days holiday entitlement a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Upcoming start date: August 20 2018
The successful applicant will be trained in Panel, on a range of vehicle manufacturers, makes, and models through hands-on practice in:
- Removing and fitting non-permanently fixed vehicle body panels
- Removing and replacing exterior motor vehicle panels, including permanently fixed components
- Minor and Major exterior body panel repairs
- Metal Inert Gas and Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) welding techniques
- Vehicle construction and materials
- Removing and replacing structural body panels
- Identifying and rectifying vehicle body misalignment
- Realigning damaged vehicles using computerised body jigs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to learn and proactive in maintaining customer standards
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and be accountable for own work
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
Please apply at directline group careers site
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
- Step 1: Quick online application - During your online application, we’ll be gathering information about you and will take less than 30 minutes. You can save your application and come back to it if you don’t have time but please make sure you complete your application within 14 days.
- Step 2: Online assessment - Once a member of our Recruitment Team has reviewed your application and you’ve passed the eligibility screen, you will be invited to complete an online Maths and English assessment. This should take no more than 30 minutes, and is designed to capture your Maths and English skills.
- Step 3: Telephone interview - The telephone interview is just a short 15 minute conversation with a member of our resourcing team, for them to get a feel for why you’ve applied for the role and the skills you have to do it well.
- Step 4: Assessment Centre- This is a chance for you to come in for a face-to-face meeting and group exercise to find out more about Direct Line Group and the role you have applied for, as well seeing the office you’ve applied to work in.