2 months ago
MV1- Warehouse Team Leader - Nights
Reports to Job Title
Markham Vale 1 - Chesterfield, Derbyshire, DBY S44 5HY UK (Primary)
Job Title: Team Leader - Nights
Site: Markham Vale
Core Hours: 18.00pm - 06.00am
Days: 4On 4Off Fixed Shifts
An exciting opportunity to join our new flagship 500,000sq.ft Distribution Centre that is due to open early in April 2017. A complex operation delivering high levels of service for a brand market leader, as the successful candidate you will play a vital part in delivering exceptional service to the customer. Reporting to the First Line Managers you will contribute to the success of the site by supporting the day-to-day running within the warehouse, ensuring that all service and cost targets are met or exceeded, that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained. There will also be a requirement to deputise for the First Line Managers in their absence.
* Assist the Warehouse Management Teams in co-ordinating any issues within the warehouse.
* Ensure the proper and timely completion of all warehouse activities to strict deadlines and quality standards.
* Ensure compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information and training to the warehouse team to ensure total safety awareness.
* Offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance including personal development plans,
* Assist the First Line Managers in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence.
* To participate as an active member of the shift team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, quality and team working.
* Accountable for delivery of Operational performance within a zone i.e. Productivity, KPI’s, Accuracy.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
* Enthusiastic and showing a “can do” attitude with good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to efficiently lead, motivate and influence a team of colleagues.
* Flexibility within the role to be able to learn to supervise in a variety of areas within the warehouse.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
* Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
* Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
* Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress and be keen on self-development.
* Must be flexible in approach to work and required shift patterns.
* Should have good written and spoken communication skills.
* A good understanding of general warehousing and distribution practices
4 on 4 off Nights
Start / Finish Times
18.00pm - 06.00am