8 days ago
Motor Vehicle Technician/Mechanic
Ilkeston DE7 5TW
We are looking to recruit an experienced Motor Vehicle Technicians at our Vauxhall dealership in Ilkeston, Derbyshire (located close to both Nottingham and Derby).
The main duties of this role will include:
* Service and repair all types of passenger vehicles to the manufacturers’ specifications and the highest standards.
* Diagnose all types of faults and liaise with the workshop controller and/or service advisor regarding any additional work required for customer’s approval.
* Undertake road tests to aid in fault diagnosis.
* Maintain the highest standards of customer service.
* Promote a positive attitude to create a cohesive team.
As well as a competitive salary package, you will also benefit from:
* 22 days paid holiday per year, plus all bank holidays.
* Employer pension contributions.
* Staff discount for yourself and your family on brand new cars.
* Additional discounts on a range of other products and services, from holidays to high-street shopping.
* Training as required.
Smiths Motor Group is a family run, car dealership group with an enviable reputation for customer service. We have been in business for over 70 years and represent some of the biggest names in the motor industry.
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday and 8.30am to 12.30pm every other Saturday.
Essential experience, skills & attitude:
* A minimum of two years’ experience within a similar role.
* A relevant technical qualification, equivalent to NVQ level 3.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Computer literacy.
* A strong belief in providing excellent customer service.
* The ability to work as part of a team.
* A flexible and proactive approach to work.
* A full driving licence.
Desirable experience, skills & attitude:
* Knowledge of the Vauxhall service and repair techniques.
Posted 2 days ago