A fantastic bodyshop located in Guildford are seeking an ATA accredited MET Technician to join them in maintaining and providing, what they are best known for, their high-quality services.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your skills further as the company provide you with training and development.
This is an absolutely fantastic opportunity for anyone with these specialist skills who is looking to move their career forward. The salary on offer is incredible especially for the area it is located in so don't miss out!
All brand and company information will be revealed when you APPLY!!
But before you do, take a look at the responsibilities entailed…
You will be:
- Removing and replacing mechanical trim and electrical components, bolts on panels and other vehicle parts, as well as vehicle glass (if you have this skillset)
- Carrying out cosmetic panel alignment and utilise KDS (vehicle alignment system) to do so
- Fault finding and diagnosing electrical faults found in both cars and light vehicles but training will be provided to you for this
- Road testing vehicles to assist with fault finding and to check on the repairs carried out
- Provided with job cars where you will be required to complete the detailed work as given by your supervisor and as authorised by the customer within a allocated time
- Any materials including paint materials should be fit for the purpose and recorded accurately, whilst disposing of displaced material in the appropriate manner
- Informing your supervisor on any additional work you have found that may need to be carried out not detailed on the job cards
- Working closely with Advisors and you manager to ensure any delays or early completion of work can be relayed back to the customer
- Informing the supervisor id any damage was caused to the customers vehicle whilst in your possession
- Utilising the serviceable and fit for use equipment when carrying out repairs, any unserviceable equipment should be reported to the manager
- Attending additional training necessary by management to ensure you develop your skills and remain updated on brand, products and the company
- Reading and studying the updates on products and services available, provided on bulletins
- Contributing to the maintenance of a high level of housekeeping
- Carrying out additional duties as required by senior management when necessary
- Adhering to all company and manufacturers policy and procedures whilst ensuring you are abiding to all Health and Safety regulations
What are we looking for in you?
- An ATA qualified MET Technician with previous experience within the main dealer environment is highly desired
- Any additional City and Guilds qualifications would be an added bonus
- Additional recognised apprenticeships or dealership approved training is a benefit
- Someone who is hard working, is efficient and can work to tight deadlines whilst ensuring that the highest quality of service is being provided to customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Reflects good attention to detail, is organised and has experience within diagnosis
- A Full UK Driving Licence
What will you be rewarded with?
An outstanding basic salary of £32,000 - £34,500 with an OTE of £40,000.
Additional company benefits will be revealed when you apply.
HCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.