We are currently recruiting for a skilled MET Technician (Stripper/ Fitter)to join a successful Accident Repair Centre in Birmingham (B35 area).
MET Technician – About You
We are looking for individuals who are expert in their trade, professional, conscientious, organised, committed to excellence, exceptional attention to detail and customer focused. They also need to be able to hit the ground running.
Ideally you will have gained at least three years’ experience within a bodyshop environment and be used to dealing with high volumes of work.
About the Job
As an experienced MET Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out all necessary mechanical and body work on allocated jobs
- Dismantling vehicles ready for the panel shop
- Carrying out inspections, fault-finding and diagnostic work
- Ordering replacement parts
- Re-assembling the vehicle with new parts as required to pre-accident condition
MET Technician – You must be able to:
- Demonstrate a recent experience in a similar role (MET/ Fitter/ Stripper)
- ATA accreditation would be highly beneficial
- Experience of working with different types of suspension would be highly beneficial
- Plan your workload effectively to ensure vehicles are ready to agreed timescales;
- Work skilfully and safely under pressure;
- Carry out work in accordance with manufacturers specification;
- Work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative with minimal supervision;
- Be flexible in your approach; and
- Continually work to high standards with customer satisfaction in mind.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competitive salary (£30k – £35k depending on skills and experience)
- Fantastic, friendly and fun working environment
- 41.5 – 44 hour working week Monday to Friday – overtime opportunities available
- Contributory pension scheme after the qualifying period
Full Time, Permanent position