We have an excellent job opportunity for a Manufacturing Support Manager to join our client’s team which operates from two sites in Sheffield and Congleton.
Our client is a well-known manufacturer of stainless steel performance automotive components, operating from two sites in Sheffield and Congleton. With a substantial client base, both locally, nationally and internationally and a number of high-profile key customers in the automotive industry, including involvement in motorsport.
This growing business is family run, by two joint Managing Directors, together with a team of long serving and highly dedicated industry professionals. As holders of the ‘Made in Sheffield’ mark, they take a great pride in the quality of their products and are currently working towards ISO9001. Their reputation is growing worldwide, enabling them to become one of the leaders in their market.
The position of Manufacturing Support Manager requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working alongside both Managing Directors to deliver the strategic goals of the company by supporting the manufacturing operations across both sites. Particular emphasis will be upon Health & Safety, People Management, Business Improvement, Process Optimisation, Communications, Business Reporting and Business Management Processes.
This is a “boots on the ground” role in a fabrication and welding environment, with joint responsibility for 30 staff across two sites and would not suit someone who prefers to manage from their desk.
• Ensure the effective & consistent deployment of the H&S Management System across both sites.
• Facilitate training and compliance with H&S Management System identifying gaps and areas for improvement, taking action where necessary.
• Attendance, absence and annual leave management across both sites
• Performance Management and Labour utilisation management
• Grievance and Disciplinary issues across both sites
• Development and monitoring of individual work schedules
• Management and maintenance of production Plant & Machinery
• Deliver lean, continuous improvement & 5S projects across both sites
• Collate data for reporting KPIs to MDs on a monthly basis
• Challenge poor performance and take appropriate action
• Assist with manufacturing planning
• Liaise with Production Supervisors on both sites to ensure adequate staffing levels in each area at all times
• Identify and arrange for any relevant training for team
• Deliver improvement projects in line with overall company strategy
• Propose and implement methods for improving productivity, quality and cost
The ideal candidate for the role of Manufacturing Support Manager will have / be:-
• Extensive experience in a manufacturing, technical or engineering environment.
• Knowledgeable of Health & Safety systems and procedures, ideally with a H&S qualification
• A broad knowledge of business strategy development, lean, 5S and continuous improvement
techniques together with associated deployment processes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills communicating well at all levels within an organisation.
• Demonstrable ability in successful problem-solving techniques.
• Likely to have managed a team in a manufacturing, engineering or technical role and have proven credibility as a manager.
• Experience in manufacturing planning and resource allocation.
In the role of Manufacturing Support Manager you will work Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week and the benefits are:-
• Salary of circa £25,000 to £35,000 per annum
• Company Car (or car allowance)
• Company Mobile Phone
• Private GP Appointments (Individual Cover)
• Staff Uniform
• Free Parking
• 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Manufacturing, fabrication, welding, management, automotive, components,