5 months ago
LGV/HGV C+E Class 1 Driver
Haverhill - Haverhill, CB9 7FD UK (Primary)
Job Title: LGV/HGV C+E Class 1 Driver
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Do you want to work for an award winning, successful Company?
Then look no further - Culina Group, Motor Transport Award winner 2014 is now recruiting.
Culina Group a well established leader in the logistics market is recruiting for a LGV/HGV C+E Class 1 Driver on permanent basis at our Haverhill depot.
The role holder will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Report to the Transport Planner/ Transport Coordinator at the start of shift.
- Adhere to signing in and out procedure and ensure correct and thorough completion of paperwork.
- Observe and adhere to company rules and procedures, including all aspects of health, safety and hygiene.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of operations within the transport department.
- Maintain a high standard of behaviour and appearance.
- Effectively manage own working time in line with the Road Transport Directive.
- Adhere to tachograph rules and regulations at all times.
- Ensure daily vehicle checks are completed in line with company procedure.
- Responsible for unit and trailer, including temperature checks.
- Make deliveries to customers’ premises, acting in a professional manner at all times.
- Immediately report any problems regarding delivery arrival times, delays or discrepancies with loads.
- Ensure proof of deliveries (PODs) are signed and returned to the Transport Office after delivery.
- Exchange pallets on a one for one basis or gain a PVC from customer.
- Ensure regular communication with the Transport Office.
- Observe and adhere to site procedures at each delivery point.
- Ensure correct completion of a defect report as and when required.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Possession of LGV Class 1 Licence.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Adaptable and methodical approach to work/ training.
- Conscientious and reliable.
- Professional and approachable.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Effectively prioritise work load in order to meet set deadlines.
- Able to work using own initiative or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Road Transport Directive and current drivers’ hours.
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application and become one step closer to becoming part of the award winning logistics company that is Culina Group.
Culina Group -> Culina Logistics
5 on 3 off
Start / Finish Times