7 months ago
MC Truck & Bus Ltd (part of the MC Group) is a successful and established truck dealer in the South of England. We operate eight Volvo franchised dealer points plus a dynamic rental business with in excess of 3000 assets offering innovative business solutions to vehicle operators.
We are currently looking for skilled HGV Technicians to join our Depot in Southampton. Applicants must be skilled and experienced at; MOT preparation, repairing, diagnosing, servicing and maintaining heavy good vehicles to a high standard.
What can we offer you?
* Modern working environment with up to date facilities and technology including VCADS and diagnostic equipment
* NGT MOT test station for ATF lane
* Working on vehicles mainly under 5 years of age
* An IRTEC qualification
* Development opportunities. We will ensure you remain up to date in your field and develop your skill level with regular product training, tool box talks etc
* Access to up to date training modules
* Working alongside a skilled team of Technicians
* A high regard to H&S
* Overtime paid at time and half
* 31 days holiday includes bank holidays. Rising to 33 with service
* Company contributory pension plan
* Free death in service insurance
To apply for this vacancy we require the following
* Qualified at NVQ level 3 or equivalent (heavy vehicles)
* Experienced and able to undertake all aspects of heavy vehicle maintenance and repair to a high standard
* Have a high regard to producing quality workmanship
* Be able to work in a high paced environment
* Own tool kit
* Current driving licence (HGV and PSV desirable but not essential)
* Able to write up job cards concisely
IRTEC qualification but not essential
Shift Pattern:- 42 1/2 hours per week. Alternating Earlies and Lates. (7 am – 4 pm one week and 1 pm – 10 pm the next week) + Alternate Saturday mornings paid at overtime rates.
Internal applicants should send a letter of application stating why they believe they are suitable to the Personnel Department.
Please note we only contact candidates who are invited to attend interview due to the large response to adverts. Shortlisted candidates only, will be contacted in approx. 3 weeks.
Send us your CV below