My client a well established commercial vehicle dealership are actively seeking to employ a skilled and experienced HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic for their depot in the Bexleyheath area.
The HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of commercial vehicles.
As an HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures within a team of Technicians.
The successful HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all LGV vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with legislative requirements.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- You will be invited to join the company training programme which incorporates on the job training and a modular training schedule.
- Ensure your workload is completed to the required standard
- Communicate vehicle status with customers when required.
The working pattern of the HGV Technician / Truck Mechanic is 4 or 5 nights a week;
4 nightsMonday to Thursday for week 1, Tuesday - Friday week 2
5 nightsMonday - Friday
The successful HGV Technician can expect to earn between £35'000 to £40'000 per annum.
• Fully skilled technician, through a recognised formal training programme (City & Guilds/NVQ) to Level 3.
• Driving licence essential, LGV preferred but not essential
If you have the necessary skills/qualifications please forward your details to Kemp Commercial Vehicle Recruitment or call John on