Automotive, Motor Trade Job: HGV Technician / Mechanic Required in Tilbury Docks.
Salary: Up to £34,706 Per Annum
Term: Full time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: Day Shift HGV Technician / Mechanic Required for Fleet Repairs - Tilbury.
Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician Job, Based in Tilbury, U.K
An opportunity has arisen for a HGV Technician / Mechanic in Tilbury Docks. The main purpose of this role is to; Inspect, service and repair of commercial vehicles to Department of Transport standards. Rectify reported driver defects and carry out other related duties as instructed by the Workshop Supervisor.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the main duties of this role will include:
* To repair and maintain vehicles within the company fleet, plus other vehicles which the company may undertake on contract repairs and authorised by the Fleet Engineer.
* To take vehicles on road test when it is deemed necessary for repair.
* To take vehicles for MOT testing or outside workshops where specialist repairs are necessary.
* Collecting parts as when a delivery cannot be made.
* Undertake repairs as and when required on forklifts and other associated equipment, provided such equipment is not sourced via contract hire.
* Complete servicing documents relevant to the vehicle being worked on.
* Clean off vehicles/parts to enable corrective maintenance to be carried out competently.
* Attend vehicle breakdowns when required both on site and off site where necessary.
* Provide ad-hoc cover (when requested) for workshop supervisor when not on site.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following:
* City and Guilds in Motor Vehicle Engineering or recognized equivalent qualification
* Minimum of 5 years' experience of working in a Commercial vehicle repair workshop
* Knowledge/Experience of bulk powder pressure vessel operations
* C+E Driving Licence and valid Driver Qualification card
Working hours are on a weekly shift rota between 6AM-6PM with 1 in 3 Saturday mornings.
The basic salary is £34,706.
This position is based in the Tilbury area, so you will need to live within the area or be able to commute to the area.
If this HGV Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Mechanic Jobs and Automotive Jobs in Tilbury Docks please contact Rose at Perfect Placement today!
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician through to Car Sales Executive.
To apply please send your CV to Rose Skipper quoting J81329, HGV Technician, Tilbury Docks.
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2018.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited's prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our offices onif you wish to discuss this copyright.