Job Title: HGV Mechanic / ForemanContract Type: Full Time / Permanent Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 OTE
My client, a specialist fleet maintenance organisation with depots across the country is actively seeking to a skilled and experienced HGV Mechanic / Foreman to work in their state of the art facility in Gloucester.
Working on an early and late shift rotation, the successful HGV Mechanic / Foreman will be required to undertake all aspects of vehicle service, maintenance and repair on a mixed fleet of heavy commercial vehicles from a range of manufacturers.
The HGV Mechanic will have the following;
- The successful HGV Mechanic / Foreman should be qualified to City and Guilds / NVQ Level Three
- Have served a full HGV Mechanic apprenticeship
- Have practical understanding of using information technology and systems to deliver objectives
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment, with a flexible approach towards meeting the needs of the employer
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to work on your own initiative, remaining focused and consistent and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and has a good understanding and experience of a busy workshop operating environment
A commercial vehicle driving licence would be beneficial for this role
Around 25% of your working time will be spent in a non productive capacity, undertaking quality control, booking parts out of stores, booking vehicles for their MOT tests and other general administrative duties.
The hours of work for the successful HGV Mechanic / Foreman will be 06:00 - 14:30 week 1 & 2:30 - 23:00 week 2 Monday - Friday.
The successful HGV Mechanic / Foreman will receive a basic hourly rate of £14.00 per hour + £6 a day allowance and 20% uplift on the late shift OTE £35,000 £38,000 with overtime available should you wish to increase your earnings.
If you are an experienced HGV Mechanic / Foreman and would like to apply for this exciting role with one of the UK's leading commercial vehicle employers, apply for the HGV Technician role via this advert or call Tom Kingsbury onBT Local rate) for further information.