HGV/LCV Technician Mechanic required in Portsmouth
Salary Up to £35,000 Depending on experience plus shift premiums
Days: 8am to 6pm
Lates: 3pm to 12am (£20 shift premium)
Nights: 11pm to 8am (£30 shift premium)
We are currently seeking an HGV Technician to join our client's Commercial Vehicle Workshop in the Portsmouth Area.
We are looking for a talented, efficient LCV/ HGV Vehicle Technician who can work independently and to a high standard, forming part of a dedicated team of Workshop Technicians.
The role will include the following;
• To maintain, inspect, repair and test HGV vehicles, plant and equipment.
• Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles, other than exempt categories, for annual MOT inspections.
• Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
• To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
• To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary.
• To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
• To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition
• To attend training courses related to the role.
• To maintain the company vehicles to a high standard.
We welcome applications from HGV Technicians level 3 NVQ or equivalent and we are also interested to hear from 'time-served' Mechanics,
You must have a full UK driving licence.
Apply now with your full CV at Progress Recruitment Solutions (UK) Ltd quoting job ref PRS20108
Unfortunately we are unable to contact every application that we receive, if you do not receive a response please assume that you have been unsuccessful with this particular application, however if you have transport & logistics experience we will keep your details on file and contact you should a vacancy arise that matches your skills and experience.
Follow us on Twitter!! @progressrecruit
Automotive | Motor Trade | Commercial Vehicles | HGV | Heavy Goods Vehicles | Workshop | Technician | HGV Mechanic | Portsmouth | Southampton | Hampshire