8 months ago
Health & Safety Training Assistant (6 month fixed term contract)
Job Title: Health and Safety Training Assistant
Location: Hinckley F2
Reporting to: Health & Safety Officer
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Act as the first point of contact for the H&S Department and answer queries or escalate as required.
• Develop, manage, plan and monitor H&S related courses and training materials.
• Deliver H&S related training courses to range of audiences.
• Organise refresher training before the expiry of the current training, where required.
• Co-ordinate and deliver inductions for all new starters.
• Advise, guide and coach all personnel with the implementation of the Company Procedures.
• Produce monthly reports for the H&S Department.
• Facilitate and deliver on-going Health & Safety courses to internal employees and be responsible for coordinating training courses.
• Accurately record accidents and near misses, ensuring that the relevant stakeholders are kept updated.
• Communicate with relevant stakeholders to make sure they are kept updated and to build effective relationships with H&S and HR Team, Line Managers and Employees.
• Order H&S stationary and literature, including Visitor Flyers, Accident Books, etc.
• To schedule and ensure completion of the correct induction paperwork.
• Ensure the Company Intranet is maintained, including posting and updating content.
• Raise requisitions and purchase orders for the H&S Team, ensuring the process is met.
• Assess relevant training needs for all employees and organise, in consultation with departmental heads, including assessment methods.
• Booking rooms for training sessions using Microsoft Outlook.
• Filing and maintaining confidentiality.
• To undertake and assist with projects as required by the H&S Officer.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Line Manager.
Essential skill requirements:
• Experience of managing large volumes of administration.
• Experience of developing and delivering training sessions.
• Inspired and self-motivated to provide the best possible level of service to the business.
• Confident communicator, both written and verbal and able to influence at all levels.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong organisation and prioritising skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multi task.
• Reliable, motivated and committed to the role.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Experience and understanding of the Manufacturing industry.
• Previous First Aider and Fire Warden.
• Health & Safety qualification, IOSH accredited or other practical attainment.
• Training qualification.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all employees including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all employees have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 05th January 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.