8 months ago
Global PR, Events and Sponsorship Manager
Job Title: Global PR, Events and Sponsorship Manager
Department: Central Marketing Team (CMT)
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
The Global PR, Events and Sponsorship Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and global development of the Triumph Motorcycles earned media (PR) presence. Building, presence and relationships in the motorcycle and lifestyle media market, driving forward the profile and media’s perception of Triumph.
Managing the internal PR team and external agency resource to deliver a premium brand experience to the press (automotive, lifestyle, bloggers), consumers, brand advocates, ambassadors, through brand events, PR ‘moments in time’ and sponsorship.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Global PR, Events and Sponsorship Manager is the Triumph brand guardian for PR in the media, at events, through our ambassadors and at shows.
• Development and delivery of a rolling three year strategy to ensure that Triumph’s global PR leads the motorcycle segment in terms of engagement, effectiveness and conversion.
• Responsible for the creative process that delivers PR ‘moments in time’ to support new and existing bikes in market globally.
• Create market defining PR, that delivers the message of authenticity, credibility, originality and modernity that only Triumph with our history can own.
• Write, manage and deliver press releases and statements, engaging all relevant stakeholders to align the message across: Product, corporate affairs and events.
• Deliver the news and stories that will define Triumph, our brand image, credibility and reputation through earned and owned media channels.
• Develop and deliver a full PR reporting suite that will monitor Triumph’s performance across all media channels, the output of which defines future priorities.
• Management of the PR agency with the contractual agreements and a framework on which they will deliver our key priorities through the amplification of our product, corporate and event messages.
• Create the brand, product and corporate stories for ‘others to tell’ through social, web and events.
• Manage the delivery of the key international motorcycle show stands, in conjunction with the local market, from concept, design and contractor management, through to installation and ‘show live’.
• Deliver brand consistency to local and regional shows through the development and delivery of a European show solution.
• Creation and deliver of the Triumph ‘moment in time’ event programme.
• Manage and develop Triumph’s global sponsorship programmes. Leveraging value through earned and owned channels centrally and through the markets.
• Develop Triumph’s presence though placement in film, TV and events, managing agency relationships and 3rd party partners.
• Build and manage Triumph’s relationship with our global brand ambassadors leveraging the PR opportunity and driving brand reappraisal.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Extensive experience of PR management within a global environment.
• Passionate about PR, sponsorship and events marketing through the delivery of a premium consumer experience.
• Drive to make Triumph the motorcycle leader in minds of the trade and lifestyle media.
• Experience of managing and optimizing sizable budgets.
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyse data and present findings.
• Ability to cope with multiple projects at any one time, often working to tight deadlines.
• High levels of attention to detail with a passion for continual improvement.
• Proven starter finisher, with the skills to manage projects from concept through delivery, both within, and across a multi-disciplined teams.
• Strong inter-personal skills.
• Strong influencing capabilities.
• Passionate about PR and passionate about motorcycles.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Proven ability to achieve project goals.
Requirements of the role:
• Educated to degree level ideally within global marketing .
• Strong understanding of agency management and development of global PR and event solutions.
• Proven record of delivering projects at a senior level.
• Previous automotive experience.
• Motorcycle licence.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 31st January 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.