Join the UK’s 12th highest ranked Great Place to Work® for 2020 and lead operations at our BMW and Mini dealership in Bournemouth
We are seeking an experienced Head of Business/Dealer Principal/General Manager to join Marshall Motor Group’s BMW and Mini division and manage our Bournemouth dealership. This role will see you lead day to day operations across this site including full accountability for dealership financial performance and line management of the dealership leadership teams. Reporting to the Franchise Director, this role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and offers the right candidate an excellent career development opportunity.
What are the key accountabilities?
As a General Manager, you will have overall accountability for people and financial performance for our BMW Bournemouth dealership. With support from your Franchise Director and corporate support functions, you will:
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of automotive professionals, ensuring the dealership is adequately resourced
- Drive a high performance culture, ensuring performance is rewarded and underperformance is managed
- Oversee the sales and aftersales divisions, ensuring performance meets or exceeds budget
- Set financial and growth objectives for each department, and plan accordingly to ensure profit and product targets are met
- Accurately finalise dealership reporting, in line with group reporting frameworks
- Develop and roll out dealership marketing and publicity strategies to support objectives
- Support the dealerships to consistently achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure dealership activities are conducted in line with Marshall Motor Group, manufacturer and regulatory requirements
What experience do I need?
Given the nature of this role, it is essential that you have previous experience at a Head of Business/Dealer Principal/General Manager level. Manufacturer experience with BMW/Mini would be beneficial, but isn’t essential to the success of this role. In addition to your previous experience, we are seeking individual who display the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a large and diverse team
- A professional and calm approach with strong stakeholder management skills to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to foresee potential barriers
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Company vehicle provided
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicle purchases, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.