Freight Sales Forwarder, East Norfolk
Salary - Negotiable, Dependent on Experience
Monday - Friday
On behalf of our client, an established Freight Forwarding company in the East of Norfolk, we are currently recruiting a Freight Forwarder. Our client requires someone with experience, with a strong sales background.
Duties will include:
- Arrange and have oversight of export, import and UK domestic operations from start to finish
- Quote agents & customers for all air/sea/overland FCL and LCL consignment enquiries
- Negotiate contracts, transportation and handling costs for air/sea/overland freight operations
- Investigate and plan most appropriate route for shipment
- Obtain, check and prepare documentation to meet customer’s insurance requirements
- Complete International Shipping and Customs Documentation
- Complete costing & billing for both import and export jobs
- Work in accordance with international regulations
- Use available technology to enable real-time tracking of freight in transit
- Maintain communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Work closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant legislation and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Promote and sell the company’s services via air/sea/overland and show initiative in acquiring new sales leads
- Establish business relationships with key clients and accounts
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have good customer handling skills
- Must be well organised and creative
- Must possess a positive enthusiasm and pragmatic approach
- Must be detail oriented with strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a strong drive to support the company in its growth initiatives
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities
- Will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required
- Have strong sales experience
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we would love to hear from you!
Please remember to quote the reference number PRS20431 when applying!
If you are interested in this vacancy or any other similar roles within the automotive sector please contact Maria at Progress Recruitment Solutions (UK) Ltd now!
Unfortunately we are unable to contact every application that we receive, if you do not receive a response please assume that you have been unsuccessful with this particular application, however if you have automotive experience we will keep your details on file and contact you should a vacancy arise that matches your skills and experience.
We are a leading recruiter within the automotive sector providing coverage across the UK, if you are looking to further your career within the motor trade please get in touch with us.
We have many motor trade positions available ranging from Car Sales and Vehicle Technician jobs through to General Manager.
Follow us on Twitter to see our latest vacancies! @progressrecruit @progressjobs
Automotive | Motor Trade | Containers | Freight Sales | Freight Forwarding | Haulage | Transport | Logistics | Job | Career | Norfolk | Suffolk